Passionate about international security, cyber policy and humanitarian actions, Anna is currently building up her credentials in international policy at Stanford University Ford Dorsey Master's in International Policy (MIP) with a full two-year fellowship from the Asia Pacific Scholars Fund.
Anna was previously part of the Management Consulting practice in Accenture Asia Pacific (headquarter in Singapore), specialised in digital transformation, digital strategies, and innovation. She had 3 years of consulting experience for multinational corporations around Asia, in various industries, including Oil & Gas, Forestry and Agriculture, Utilities, and Mining.
She also had two years of work-and-travel as a digital nomad through Latin America and Europe, among which 6 months working and living in Colombia enabled her to speak fluent Spanish (together with English, Vietnamese, and Mandarin).
Her previous roles include Operations & Strategy Manager, Subject Matter Expert in next-generation communication and change management, digital dashboard & UI/UX, next-generation learning, project management and team management. She thrives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment, where she has to be constantly innovative and creative in first-of-its-kind digital projects.
Stanford University Master Candidate
Master of International Policy (Aug 2019 - Jun 2021)
The Ford Dorsey Master's in International Policy is a two-year professional graduate degree program at Stanford University, emphasizing the advanced analytical tools and methods critical to decision making and leadership in international affairs.
Full two-year Fellowship from Asia Pacific Scholars Fund
Specialisation in (1) Cyber Policy and (2) International Security
Expected Graduation: June 2021
Extra curriculum activities: Stanford Model United Nations Chair of Cybersecurity Crisis Committee (Nov'2019). Israel Winter Trek (Dec'19)
Management Consultant ( Jun 2015 – Jul 2018)
1) Digital Immersion Program for Major Oil and Gas MNC, Headquarter in Malaysia
• Client is an integrated oil and gas company, presence in 35 countries, one of the Fortune Global 500.
• Worked with client’s Chief Digital Officer on digital transformation throughout the value chain, from the upstream well to the end consumers. Acted as subject matter expert for gamification, UI/UX app and web design. Led next-generation communication development. Developed gamification elements and training curriculum.
2) Digital Supply Chain for a Major Forestry & Agriculture MNC, Headquarter in Indonesia
• Client is one of the largest makers of pulp and paper products, presence in more than 70 countries.
• Led the development of the management dashboard from end-to-end: designed, developed and tested. Facilitated collaboration between different workstream. Lead a dynamic team of more than 15 people at global locations. Managed relationships with client’s senior management and key business users.
3) Digitisation of Operations Value Chain for a Global Utilities Client, HQ in Singapore
• Client is a leading energy, water and marine group, with total assets of S$20 billion and over 7,000 employees
• Successfully implemented change management across stakeholder groups: C-suite, senior management committee, project team to plant operators and engineers. Designed and coordinated effective communication to all stakeholders.
4) The Internet of Things Centre of Excellence (co-innovation between Accenture and the Singapore Economic Development Board)
• Presented business solutions to clients’ C-suite and senior executives, resulting in business deals amounting to millions of USD
• Developed specialty in various digital domains including next-gen training and education, wearables technologies, AR/VR, analytics. Architected go-to-market solutions. Lead successful initiatives: open innovation session, Thought Leadership, latest development and business directions.
"The client's Chief Technology Officer signed a contract extension just for Anna's time. You can see the amount of talent she has." - S. Ramani, Accenture Managing Director.
"Using her ability to drive outcomes, take ownership and ask the right questions, Anna has become one of the most valued team members. She is recognised as a high performer and confident future leader by the Leadership." - P. Kaura, Accenture Senior Manager
“Anna's excellent work ethic, commitment and ability to pick new and varying topics makes her a very adaptable professional. Importantly, her energy in the workplace is very infectious!” – A. Chatterjee, Accenture Senior Manager
"Strong impact capturing client mindshare [...] Her simple and effective manner of delivering key messages has been very impactful." - M. Mujumdar, Accenture Senior Manager
"Anna showed great ability to absorb new materials and learn about client context within a short period of time. She produced work of very good quality." - T. Goh, Accenture Manager.
"Anna keeps control in chaotic situations. She improvises and gets things done in the most effective way. She is seen as a calm, honest and authentic person, and Anna used that to select topics she can present to clients without being perceived as too ‘salesy’." - A. Radach, Accenture Senior Manager
The future: Technology and education and next gen workforce
I believe that digital technology plays a vital role in the future of education and shaping the next generations of the workforce. I am passionate about digital technology with 3 years of consulting experience in this area. It is unmistakable that digital technology has tremendous potential for transcending education, becoming the driving force behind a future where education is universal and accessible to all children worldwide.
Digital Nomad Programmes to South America and Europe
South America and Europe (Mar 2018 - Dec 2018)
National University of Singapore
Bachelor of Business Administration (Aug 2011 - Jun 2015)
Cumulative Average Point: 4.79 / 5.00
First Class Honors with Finance Specialisation
University Town Residential Programme (UTRP)
Full Scholarship for Bachelor Degree: Temasek Education Foundation Sunburst SCholarship
Reginald Quahe Memorial Gold Medal for being one of the top two students in NUS Business School 2012
McGill University (Canada)
University Student Exchange Program (6 months)
International Financial Markets and Risk Management
Recipient of NUS Award for Study Abroad (NASA) Scholarship
Participated in Business Start-up Idea competition organised by LaSalle College Montreal, April 2013
Achievements: Honors and Awards
Stanford University - Full Fellowship for Master Degree from Asia Pacific Scholars Fund 2019 - 2021
Full Scholarship for Bachelor Degree
Temasek Education Foundation 2012 - 2015
Full Scholarship for Junior College
Singapore MOE ASEAN Scholarship 2008 - 2010
Accenture Journey Case Competition 2014 - 2nd
SEO-V Business Idea Competition 2013 - 1st place
YChallenge Business Case Competition 2012 - 2nd
University Dean's List
Reginald Quahe Memorial Medal 2012
National Youth Achievement Silver Award 2010
Singapore Mathematical Olympiad Bronze Award 2010
American Mathematics International Competition Distinction award 2010
Catholic Junior College Academic Award 2009
certificates - Independent studies
Public Policy Challenges of the 21st Century
May 2019 - Credential URL
This course introduces class participants to the political significance and societal consequences of challenges facing U.S. and international policymakers. It is designed to help participants develop skills to analyze policy proposals and advocate for their preferred options for issues on the public policy agenda ahead.
The Changing Global Order
April 2019 - Credential URL
How are international power relations changing and how can global peace and stability be maintained? This course familiarizes students with some main theories of international relations, shows how the global order is gradually changing and discusses how selected international and regional organizations contribute to the maintenance of global peace and security.
The Sustainable Development Goals
March 2019 - Credential URL
In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development.
Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World
February 2019 - Credential URL
Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills.
May 2018 - Credential URL
This Nanodegree equips learners with the foundational knowledge and skills that all programmers use whether they program mobile apps, create web pages, or analyze data, and how to think like a programmer.